I’ve started and finished a few things in the last week so while my WIP’s are the same items as last week I have been busy!
I’ve stitched all the pieces down the side of my Wildflower pillow top, yesterday I basted the corner pieces (I didn’t want to do this until all the other pieces were on to make sure they would fit):
So just a bit of stitching to get the top finished.
Yesterday I tackled another piece of EPP. I asked for advice last week on IG on the backing fabric, I decided to go with Kona Grey and then totally messed up by not centring it on the fabric and cutting away the piece underneath so as not to waste fabric. I really don’t know what I was thinking but it was unsalvageable and there was not enough left in my stash to try again.
So the next best thing was Kona Coal, funnily enough this time I was more careful about measuring and placing. Last night I hand stitched it down around the edges with invisible thread and made a start on quilting. I love how Susan quilted hers for the magazine (Love Patchwork and Quilting) so am probably going to shamelessly copy it using Aurifil 40 weight 2425. I’d like to have used something a bit thicker such as a 28 weight but didn’t have anything in the right colour.
I hoping at least one of these will be finished by this time next week. Only 2 WIP’s but a whole load of other projects swirling around in my head!