I’m keen on using up scraps and if possible doing it after finishing the project they were created by. I finished this quilt in September using a jelly roll and charm pack (read more here):
I had a few blocks left over: I stitched them together to make a cushion cover: I’m starting to see now how this fabric is quite Christmassy, I think when I was working on the quilt in the summer I was refusing to acknowledge that Christmas was in the not so distant future.
I quilted this pretty much as I quilted the quilt using Aurifil 2021 50 weight and stitching 1/4″ either side of each block seam line and I also quilted around the middle square (or 4 squares) to add a bit of extra interest.
I had fun working out how to make a back from the small amount of fabric that I had left from backing the quilt; and this is what I came up with: I had a long strip of selvedge plus 8 or so inches and managed to cut and piece into a usable size leaving the selvedge on display. I added a zip in the middle and a flap to cover it. Now there are just a few little bits of this fabric left that have been added to my low volume scrap collection.
This was on my 4th quarter FAL list so I’ll be linking up at the end of the quarter, for today I’m linking up with: