There are a whole list of carry forwards this quarter and a couple of new projects that I’ve started.
Denise brought her QAYG finished quilt to guild last month and it inspired me to give QAYG a go using scraps of fabric and batting. I pulled out all my scraps of batting and pieced them together to make 13″ blocks. I now have these 12.5 quilt blocks, I’ve run out of batting scraps but not out of scrap fabric. I need to decide whether to piece these together as they are or wait until I have more blocks.
This Catalina dress in Seasalt voile needs hemming and then it will be finished; the summer holidays are fast approaching so this is a priority
This cotton linen fabric is ready to be made in to a pair of Juba shorts for my eldest; again ready for the holidays.
There is less than a week until the end of term, somehow I need to magic up a teacher gift; current status:
I booked this quilt top in with Trudi for a long arm treatment; this is the Touchdraw version of it as I can’t find a photo right now!
I’d hope to have had it back last quarter but it got delayed, it should be back with me during the quarter so the task will be to bind it so that’s it’s finished 3 years after I started it. I’ve written the pattern and had it tested, now I just need to pull it together ready for publication.
I’ve had these fabrics ready to make tops for me since the beginning of the year. With summer arriving I may be motivated to dressmaking.
It’s been over a year since our new bedroom in the loft was finished; I want to make a runner to go on top of the chest in our room. Fabric is pulled to work with the Orla Kiely fabric that the curtains are made from.
These Parson Gray scraps are stitched together ready to become an A5 book cover:
I started this in April 2018 when Lucy came to our SWMQG meeting and taught us the block, I have 2 more completed sections and 2 more to do before I can sew the lot together…
Using Dashwood Studio scraps left from the drunkards path quilt I made for Siblings Together, this EPP project was started last summer. I’ve made progress on it in the last quarter and will continue.
I still have plans for a Fen top using this Seasalt voile:
Scrappy drunkards path blocks I now have 145 blocks (quarters that is) and more in progress.
Shirt quilt – this is now basted and I have started hand quilting it. It’s a bit too warm at the moment to sit with this on my knees in the evening so it might not progress far this quarter.
I’ve made no progress on this one: new placemats:
I took part in a swap in 2014 of paper pieced shirts (pattern by Carolyn Friedlander. I used 4 of them in a cushion cover and the rest of them are still waiting to be stitched in to something.
Another paper pieced pattern by Carolyn Friedlander – I think this would make a great mini quilt: