I’d forgotten that making something a second time round is often quicker and easier than the first time.
I had already decided to lengthen the sleeves a bit more than last time, but when I pulled the fabric from stash I realised that I didn’t have quite enough for all the pieces.
With a bit of quick thinking and a rummage in my voile stash I found some fabric that I could use for the bands for the neck, sleeve, waist and ties.
As with the first blouse I did not follow the instructions for the neck, sleeve and waist bands. I had read a couple of reviews that mentioned the raw edges on these and when I did a quick muslin from an old sheet I worked out how I could do this differently. I attached just one side of the band and then pressed the seam allowance on the other side to the wrong side of the fabric and hand stitched that side enclosing the raw edges and giving it a much neater finish. Yes I know it won’t be seen but I know it’s there and I think it gives a more comfortable and much more professional finish.
Because I opted to lengthen the sleeves (by 8.5″ this time) I also shortened the sleeve bands from 14″ to 10″:
I might well go back to the first blouse and redo the bands as they are a bit too loose:
I’m really pleased with how this turned out and am glad that I had the motivation of ALYoF to get it done (oh yes and look at that pattern placement smack down the front)!
I’m linking up with: