It’s time to round up all those unfinished, just started projects and make a list for the second quarter finish-along.
1. I’m thinking ahead to summer (although to be honest Leah wears shorts almost all year round) and Leah has requested another pair of City Gym shorts, I’m going to make a size larger than the ones I made for her last year so there is room for growth. This is her fabric selection, pirates on the front, red stripes on the back and navy stripes for the binding:
2. Leah has pulled some more fabric and is desperate for me to make her a Western shirt from the Little One Yard Wonders book. The largest size shirt is 6 but the chest measurement makes me think it will be fine on her. The sooner I get it made the sooner we will find out. She turns 8 in June so it would be great to have it made by then. I think by using both these prints there will be enough fabric:
3. This quilt was not on the list for the last quarter but I started and very nearly finished it during that time, I just need to sew the binding on:
4. The same goes for this quilt:
Both of these are for Siblings Together and need to be in London before the end of July. I’m not a fan of machine binding but it needs to be done.
5. I have a pile of approximately 270 Home Sweet Home blocks that need turning into quilts for Siblings Together. Thankfully I will not be doing that single handedly but I commit to making 2 of them myself before the end of June. I think there will be at least 10 to make!
6. I won these gorgeous Winterberry fabrics from Kate and Birdie and am going to use them to make a Christmas quilt. I’m planning on using the Four Squared quilt pattern from the Moda Bake Shop, adding in Kona Snow as my background fabric.
7. A pile of scrappy log cabin blocks – I started these after I’d finished the Scrappy Log Cabin quilt back in January just to show a friend how to make them. I have plenty of scraps that could be put to good use in these blocks!
Maybe I can turn them in to another quilt for Siblings Together!
8. Bethan really liked the Hedgehog cushion cover I made last week (blog post coming soon) for her cousin so has pulled a stack of fabrics for me to make her a hedgehog quilt.
I guess that a cutting session and chain piecing will be the way forward. It’s her birthday in November so this might be more of a long term goal.
9. This divided basket needs to be finished:
The tricky part is probably done, I should just get on with it!
10. It’s been a while since I made any Big butt baby pants – I’ve got 2 pairs cut out and a self imposed deadline of June.
11. Bethan is off on a residential trip with school in May and I want to turn these fabrics into a pillowcase for her to take with her:
12. I pattern tested for Katy recently and to make the bag usable for me (I can’t cope with a shoulder bag!) I need to lengthen the strap.
13. Carried forward from the last quarter these 34 paper pieced shirts are still just waiting for something to happen.
I’m really not sure what my chances are with this list especially as there is another list of projects to finish on the house that would be good to complete before school breaks up at the end of July!
Linking up with: