I’m not sure I dare write this post but feel like I’ve been challenged (in a very nice way) to do so by Sarah at FairyFace Designs. She really just wants to see what you’ll be sewing this summer. I thought it would be an interesting exercise for me to make and list and then see how I do. So here goes:
- I’ve signed up for Kids Clothes Week Challenge (KCWC) which is next week – just noticed that the blog post title includes the words Spring 2011, is that allowed in a post about summer sewing? My plans include sewing more shorts (previous pairs seen in this post) for my girls using this pattern
- Finish the Kaffe Fassett handkerchief corner quilt (please bear in mind this has been on the go for approximately 6 years!)
- Finish 4 more pillowcase dresses for Dress a Girl Around the World
- Make myself a bag using the Runaround bag pattern by Anna at Noodlehead, I think I might spend more time choosing the fabric than making the bag!
- Sew a bike basket for my daughters 4th birthday next month
- Sew more Big Butt Baby Pants for my boy as he has almost grown out of the ones I made last year
- Make myself a top
- Make an Amy Butler ditty bag for my boy, the girls already have one each
- Finish the t-shirt appliqués I started this week!
I think that might have to be it for now, it’s certainly enough to keep me busy for a while, also I need to bear in mind that school holidays might mean I don’t have so much time to sew…
I’d love to know what you’ll be sewing and if you don’t usually, why not find one thing to do? As I finish writing this it’s pouring with rain outside – not so summery today 🙁