Emily came to sew today, bringing with her a basted quilt, some vintage sheets for swap and a small child.
Once the business of Emily choosing from my vintage sheet FQ collection was over and done with we got on to the matter of Siblings Together quilts. Emily started quilting her quilt while I cut binding for it using the GO! Baby cutter, we did a quick calculation and think that we cut just enough! We used all of one print of fabric she had so I hope that it fits!
I stitched up some Sherbet Pips blocks that I’ve cut over the last week or so as well as making cups of tea and checking on the children every so often!
Thankfully they played nicely together and apart which was a relief, Mathias even came in and looked at the boy quilt I finished yesterday and said ‘lovely’! The day is pretty short when you factor in travel and the school runs at both ends of it but we made good progress. Emily has finished the quilt this evening and it’s in the wash – well done!
Now it’s time for a bit of selfish sewing Zakka Style and maybe some time to cut treasure pocket pants for Leah as todays effort towards KCWC.
Don’t forget if you want to support my Siblings Together quilt making you can do so here.