This weeks project from Patchwork, Please! is the Tea Cosy and Teabag pouch.
I decided to continue to use Essex Linen and the Sew Cherry scraps that I used last week on the tea towels:
In hindsight I wish I’d altered the letter ‘E’ making the middle stroke shorter to make it more E like.
I used two charm squares from the Addicted to Text swap for the tea cup, using the tea cup print and the ‘Earl Grey’ text. I’m quite pleased with how my fussy cutting worked out, it was very tricky to get the tea cup on there as it was pretty near the edge of the charm.
I used Crosshatch in London Bus red from Summersville for the binding.
The instructions in the book are for an exposed seam on the inside – I wasn’t having any of that and made some binding to cover the seam. I used some Honey Tune by Lecien for the lining.
I quilted the tea cosy using Aurifil 5006 50wt from my Pat Bravo Quilitng Heart box of threads, it went brilliantly with the aqua in the Sew Cherry fabrics and adds a lovely detail to the quilting.
Sadly I don’t actually have a teapot to hand to add to the photo’s, there is one packed away in a box somewhere waiting for the day when we have a kitchen again, but as least we still have a kettle and teabags.
I also made the teabag pouch which came together a lot quicker than the cosy! This time I use an orphan Sew Cherry block and added to it from the scrap pile:
Sadly I don’t have any ‘nice’ teabags to insert into it so you’ll just have to imagine them for now!
I hope you’ve managed some sewing this week, Zakka like or not.
Linking up with Kristy’s: