I set my goal for March to paper piece the text for the back of the wedding quilt.
I took the letters away on our sewing retreat and got them all stitched up. It was quite intense work, but I stayed focussed and must have found some sort of rhythm as I finished them by the Sunday morning:
Initially I had planned to use different prints from the Tule range for each letter but then decided that it might look better in one print. I chose one of the darker prints and avoided parts of it where there were big bits of white:
I hadn’t printed out the numbers to take away on the weekend so I got those done last week.
These were done in a different colour and I had fun fussy cutting for the punctuation:
They are all now stitched together ready to be pieced into the back. As you can see from the date the wedding is not too far off now!
Linking up with: