I started this back in July when machine sewing was beyond me due to spraining my ankle. I really enjoyed basting and hand stitching these together.
The pattern for this was in issue 11 of Love Patchwork and Quilting and is by Rebecca Bryan. The original pattern is for just the 2 different templates, I decided that I wanted to change the layout of the pattern as it was to fit a long pillow rather than a square cushion. I fiddled around on Touchdraw and worked out what shapes I needed to fill in the gaps and make it bigger.
Thankfully my plan worked. I added a border to make the piece large enough. I decided to hand quilt the top. To say that first time round was a disaster is probably not quite true but I wasn’t pleased with it so I unpicked it all! It just didn’t sit flat. I then bought myself an embroidery hoop and used that when quilting and it turned out so much better.
I used a continuous zip for the length of the cover to make taking it on and off lots easier than any other way of doing it. I backed it with vintage sheet which saved me piecing it as it’s approx 54″ long.
The fabrics used are Vintage Happy and some Sew Cherry by Lori Holt, the low volume fabrics are a selection of low volume from swap and stash.
I’ve got 3 flowers left to use, I’m just thinking about what to use them for. This pillow cover was on my 4th quarter finish along list so I’ll be linking up with Adrienne when the time comes.