It’s time to try and focus on projects that need to be finished before the end of the year.
1. I have the Luna pants pattern cut and the fabric has been washed and waiting since Festival of Quilts (yes over 2 months ago). I’ve already made one pair and worn them a lot but I’ve not had time and motivation to make these; and now it feels like they can wait until the spring but really I want to get these made:
2. I now have the backing fabric for this quilt and the thread I require for quilting:
3. I pattern tested for Quiet Play back in March and ever since then this has been pinned on the board in sewing space, so time to turn it in to something:
4. I got off to a great start with this birthday gift, the paper piecing was speedy, I added the borders and then it has sat on the side waiting to be turned in to a cushion cover. It’s a free pattern by Quiet Play and you can find it in her Craftsy store. I have less than a week to finish this before the party:
5. Siblings Together quilt with fabric from Jo:
I’m going to make a Drunkards Path quilt, I just need to get cutting with my Sizzix.
6. I fancied making some new placemats and opted to open up some charm packs that have been in my stash for long enough.
7. I said that I would make Bethan a new bag at the end of the summer, I’ve still not done it, partly because she hadn’t decided on fabric. This morning she decided on these, an old pair of her dads’ jeans for the exterior with a cotton linen mix for the front pocket. We’re using the Two Zip Hipster pattern by Dog Under My Desk which has been in my pattern library for a long time but never used so I’m looking forward to cracking on with this:
8. If you were here for Scraptastic Tuesday you would have seen another WIP, the cover for a patchwork bench. Tobit is keen for me to get on with this so he can do his carpentry thing…
9. I’m being realistic about this one but I never know what the next quarter has in store so I’m keeping this on the list in case I do opt for hours on the sofa hand quilting!
I am making slow and steady progress despite the fact that I’m using the same photo as last time!
Ten things doesn’t seem to ridiculous does it? I know there will be other things that sneak in to distract me but hopefully this list will encourage me to stay focussed!