This project started back in September with the sorting and stitching of scraps in to colour groups:
I tackled reds:
Last weekend I tackled orange, yellow and green and then I deconstructed a pair of Tobit’s old jeans:
They were already missing a piece as I’d used them in making a new bag for Bethan’s birthday (blog post coming soon). Yesterday after Bethan’s party I pulled it all together into a cover; Tobit had already put the base and foam together, he stapled the cover on and added the legs and when they children were in bed I put my feet up:
Ta daa! One completed patchwork bench, inspiration from Handmade Style Style by Anna Graham, rainbow inspiration from Jeliquilts. You can see in the above photo where I removed a pocket from the jeans. In this one you can see where creases have worn (and yes someone has already made themselves at home on it).
It’s a great new addition to our living room, now we need to paint and by a new carpet – neither of which seem as simple as this!
So this could have been a costly make but we like to reuse and recycle so; the foam came from our local Scrapstore, the coloured fabrics from my scrap boxes, the denim an old pair of jeans. We bought the legs from Wicked Hairpins and plywood base from B&Q and the wadding was off the bolt!
This was on my FAL list for this quarter and thanks to a great team effort I can tick it off.
I’m also linking up with: