This project (pattern by Mollie Johanson and available here) was started over a year ago and then got tidied away in a drawer:
It was supposed to be for my son’s birthday but it didn’t get finished -we did however welcome 2 real live 4 weeks old guinea pigs to the family so he was pretty delighted with that!
Anyway a year on and the next birthday coming up I thought I really should get it completed and I did:
It was his birthday yesterday and he was so pleased to have a new big cushion. I used fabric from stash and quilted with Aurifil. As is the norm for me now I used Jo Avery’s single fold binding tutorial to finish the edge – I like piping but this in my opinion is less fiddly!
Back of the cushion is finished with my favourite method a covered zip:
So it will come as no surprise that this was on my FAL list – I don’t often have a small project on there for so long but it’s finished now and I’m linking up: