My goal for this month was to make myself some pyjama bottoms. I bought a flannel sheet from the car boot earlier this year and thought it would be ideal fabric for pyjamas:
I drafted my own pattern using a pair of shop bought bottoms. I like the idea of 1 piece of fabric for each leg but I don’t like how some tutorials show you how to draft a pattern and the front and back pieces are identical. So I cut a front and a back for each leg, the back waist ended up being higher than the front which is comfy for me.
One mistake I did make was to not add enough length to the legs for hemming so I just cut a 3″ strip for each leg and sewed them on and hemmed those. It turned out quite tidy with the seam being incased in the hem.
You don’t get to see a picture of me modelling these, the lurgy is still lurking in our house and too much effort is required for me to model them – sorry:
Next time I will lengthen the legs by 3″ to avoid adding the hem and I’d probably use a wider elastic in the waistband, I think I used 1/2″ and would prefer it to be wider maybe 1″.
So you will have to take my word for it that these were successful, they fit, they are comfy and yes I would use my own pattern again. I wore them last weekend when we were camping and I didn’t wake up at any point due to being cold!