Scrap attack

6 Mar

I have lots of scraps including a big bag full of selvedges.  Over the half term holiday I decided to play with selvedges and ended up with this:

selvedge bucket

Aside from the time it took to stitch all the selvedges together it was fairly quick and simple to make, it came out larger than I expected (not sure why really because 15″ is 15″!). I used a light interfacing to give it some shape as with all the stitching it holds up quite well. The lining was from stash as the thought of piecing the lining was too much with 3 children at home.

Not the best photo but I quickly gifted it to a lovely lady who had all 3 of our children so that I could attend a hospital appointment without them.  She’s a lady who enjoys sewing too and immediately said she would use it for sewing bits and pieces.

I’ve made more scraps items but they are awaiting photographs and time so for now I’m linking up with:

FairyFace Designs

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter