So this weeks project from Patchwork, Please! was the Polka Dot Cafe Apron. I like aprons, I rarely wear one and if I do it tends to need to be a full rather than half size one! But a good place to start was the actual blocks for the apron.
I fussy cut the fabrics concentrating hard to make sure that the shapes were on point where necessary!
I made one block, I thought about paper piecing it as others had suggested but didn’t and it worked, the finished block was 6.5″ square which I think is right:
I cut another piece of fabric and sewed the two pieces right sides together and then turned them right side out. My plan was to use this as a patch pocket on a dress. Yesterday I organised a Dress A Girl Around the World event using the school hall, I had hoped that there would be a plain dress suitable to stitch this patch on to, but none were quite right.
I will continue to hunt for a suitable dress to add the pocket to!