At the beginning of February I set my goal to stitch 288 small flying geese and 72 large flying geese together into blocks!
It seemed like a huge task, bearing in mind that I had to decide upon a layout first!
My kitchen/dining room floor was just about big enough:
That is not all of it!
Once I’d decided on a layout I gave up on the idea of just stitching them in to blocks and stitched them straight in to columns:
I struggled with the quilt top looking symmetrical, so changed the direction of some of the geese, it resulted in a heart or too:
So at the end of the month I have a completed quilt top, not the blocks I was aiming for but I’m quite happy to have surpassed my expectations!
Now I have a plan for the back…