I’m really pleased to have another quilt finish to show you this week. I finished stitching down the binding this morning and took some photo’s on my phone in the garden! Usually Tobit does the photography while I (or a helpful child) hold the quilt but we’ve got a busy weekend ahead so I thought I’d just try and get it done.
So it’s a Siblings Together bee quilt with additional contributions from other lovely people via IG from as far away as Australia!
I requested disappearing 9 patch blocks in pink, blue and green using 7″ squares, making an unfinished block of 19.5″
Some people sent more than one blocks which meant that I had more than enough blocks for 2 quilts!
The other quilt top is pieced and waiting for me to piece the backing.
I included one of the ‘spare’ blocks in the backing along with spare fabric that Nicky sent along with her blocks.
I didn’t want to use a scrappy binding and thought I would have enough of this stripe but I was a bit short so added in a strip of the left over floral print from the back (not that you can see it in this photo!)
As the deadline for 100 Quilts for Kids has been extended I’m linking this up while there’s still time! I’ve set up a new flickr thread for quilts made for Siblings Together ready for the camps in 2016, if you make one please add it to the thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the making of this quilt.
Pattern – Disappearing Nine Patch
Backing – Clouds in Mist from Seven Wonders by Parson Gray, Walkabout Squares by Beth Studley for Makower, Meadowsweet by Sandi Henderson for Michael Miller
Binding – Sugar and Spice by Quilted Fish for Riley Blake
Wadding – Super-Soft 70/30 Eco-Blend by Sew Simple
Quilting – in the ditch by me on my Janome Horizon using Aurifil 2530 50 weght
Finished size – 58″ x 80″
Made for – Siblings Together