I’ve got a number of ‘new’ projects that need finishing.
1. November was my month as queen in the Siblings Together bee and I asked for red and white scrappy kiss blocks; I now have all the blocks (well almost – 3 are in the mail from Australia but will be here shortly) so I need to make 4 more blocks and then put the top together etc. Here are some of the blocks I’ve received:
2. Sailors Top – I have the pattern and the fabric and the will to sew.
3. Linden sweatshirt – I’ve already made 2 of these and I know that it will not take long to sew up a third in these gorgeous fabrics:
4. Comox Trunks – these are waiting on the arrival of waistband elastic
5. A gift for my daughters friend – it’s another Star Wars character – BB8. I need to turn the block into a cushion cover before the end of the month:
6. I offered to make my niece a quilt for her 18th birthday; she opted for hexagons and vintage sheet fabrics. I have a largish stack of half hexies stitched with borders, I just need to keep plugging away at them:
7. Tobit has just asked if I can make a baby quilt for a colleague who is going on maternity leave next month. Time is short so I’ve pulled this ‘cheater’ print from stash with the blue dash print for backing, in theory it should be quick to baste quilt and bind.
Sadly these are all carry overs from the last quarter:
8. I have the Luna pants pattern cut and the fabric has been washed and waiting since Festival of Quilts (August). I’ve already made one pair and worn them a lot but I’ve not had time and motivation to make these; and now it feels like they can wait until the spring but really I want to get these made:
9. I pattern tested for Quiet Play back in March 2016 and ever since then this has been pinned on the board in sewing space, so time to turn it in to something:
10. Siblings Together quilt with fabric from Jo:
I’m going to make a Drunkards Path quilt, I just need to get cutting with my Sizzix.
11. I’ve made no progress on this one: new placemats and opted to open up some charm packs that have been in my stash for long enough.
That’s enough! Time to get on and sew; I’m linking up: