It’s time to write a new list/revise the one from last quarter. I ticked off 5 things during the first quarter; red and white quilt for Siblings Together, Comox Trunks, Linden sweatshirt, baby quilt and BB8 cushion cover.
1. I pattern tested this paper pieced block by Molli Sparkles, he’s not yet released it but I’m pretty sure it’s on the way. My plan is to turn this into a cushion cover for my brother who likes to play around with decks and has the initials ‘DJ’.
2. I’ve just started another quilt with a pile of shirts belonging to my husband, son and myself that I deconstructed a while ago:
At the moment the plan is to make something similar to Kaffe Fassett’s stripe-shirt boxes quilt.
3. We’ve recently had a shuffle round of some furniture and the sofa that was in the girls bedroom is now in our kitchen/diner (sounds odd? believe me it’s brilliant); it had some cushions on but they belong to the girls so I need to make some new ones. My first plan is to make a kaleidoscope one using the pattern I drew up for this project. Here is my fabric pull:
4. Another cushion cover plan is with the same fabrics but using Ellens Snowball pattern by Wombat Quilts. Every time I see this pattern I think it would make an awesome starting point for another medallion quilt…
All the following items were on my list for the last quarter (and some the one before that!).
5. I offered to make my niece a quilt for her 18th birthday; she opted for hexagons and vintage sheet fabrics. I started this in November last year and I feel like I am on the home straight with it now; I’m hand quilting this and am probably about halfway there:
6. I have made a start on this Siblings Together quilt with fabric from Jo; I’m slowly and steadily making drunkards path blocks. This is a completely random layout of all the blocks I have made:
7. I’m being realistic about this one but I never know what the next quarter has in store so I’m keeping this on the list in case I do opt for hours on the sofa hand quilting!
I made progress on this in the last quarter; I’ve even started work on the borders.
8. Sailors Top – I have the pattern and the fabric; just, it appears no motivation:
9. I have the Luna pants pattern cut and the fabric has been washed and waiting since Festival of Quilts (August). I’ve already made one pair and worn them a lot but I’ve not had time and motivation to make these; and now it feels like they can wait until the summer but really I want to get these made:
10. I pattern tested for Quiet Play back in March 2016 and ever since then this has been pinned on the board in my sewing space, so time to turn it in to something:
11. I’ve made no progress on this one: new placemats; I opted to open up some charm packs that have been in my stash for long enough.
If you’re writing a list good luck with getting things done.