So last quarter I only managed to finish 2 items! So a whole host of my list are carry overs; in my defence we are living on a building site and time and space to sew is limited!
1. I did make great progress on my world map quilt (kit from Haptic Lab:
The hand quilting is finished so now I need to decide how to finish it; I have an idea for binding and will probably add a sleeve so that it can hang on the wall. It feels like a fairly easy one to finish this quarter.
2. I started this quilt top in May and pieced it all in less than a month (so actually I have been sewing – just not tackling my FAL list).
I’ve chosen some fabric for backing but don’t quite have enough so I need to have a rummage through my stash to see what else I can find. I think then I will hand quilt it, I’m busy at work and this means that sitting on the sofa hand quilting at the end of the day is really therapeutic. This was totally inspired by Helen’s quilt and I already love it.
3. I pattern tested this paper pieced block by Molli Sparkles, he’s not yet released it but I’m pretty sure it’s on the way. My plan is to turn this into a cushion cover for my brother who likes to play around with decks and has the initials ‘DJ’.
4. I started another quilt in the first quarter with a pile of shirts belonging to my husband, son and myself that I deconstructed a while ago. At the moment the plan is to make something similar to Kaffe Fassett’s stripe-shirt boxes quilt.
5. We had a shuffle round of some furniture and the sofa that was in the girls bedroom is now in our kitchen/diner (sounds odd? believe me it’s brilliant); it had some cushions on but they belong to the girls so I need to make some new ones. My first plan is to make a kaleidoscope one using the pattern I drew up for this project. Here is my fabric pull:
6. Another cushion cover plan is with the same fabrics but using Ellens Snowball pattern by Wombat Quilts. Every time I see this pattern I think it would make an awesome starting point for another medallion quilt…
7. I have made a start on this Siblings Together quilt with fabric from Jo; I’m slowly and steadily making drunkards path blocks. This is a completely random layout of all the blocks I have made:
8. Sailors Top – I have the pattern and the fabric; just, it appears no motivation:
9. I pattern tested for Quiet Play back in March 2016 and ever since then this has been pinned on the board in my sewing space, so time to turn it in to something:
10. I’ve made no progress on this one: new placemats; I opted to open up some charm packs that have been in my stash for long enough.
The building work should finish in this quarter and hopefully there will be time and space to sew not just time to paint and decorate. I’m linking up and off to see what others are planning, if you’re writing a list good luck with getting things done.