First finish

31 Jan

I’m back from a brilliant weekend at the Thread House Retreat so I can now show the rest of this:
IMG_3712

It was a close up view of a storage pot that I made for my swap partner Catrin.  I had previously scaled down a block from my Caernarfon Welsh Blanket quilt pattern to make a paper pieced block and as soon as I knew that Catrin was my partner I thought this would be perfect.
IMG_3729

So I made 4 blocks and used Jo’s storage pot tutorial to put the pot together.  I quilted it using Aurifil 4647 a variegated thread to quilt the sashing and some extra detail to it.IMG_3732

I like how it turned out and it reminds how one day I might actually get round to making a mini Caernarfon quilt!IMG_3731

 

This is the first tick of my list for this year and I already have another one to write up, I’ll be linking up when the time comes.2018 Finish A Long Logo 2

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter

3 thoughts on “First finish

  1. I already commented, but came across your post again as part of the Finish-A-Long. Still love what you made with your Welsh blanket block! Thanks for taking part in the Finishalong, too x

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *