new pyjamas

22 Mar

I’ve finished a few things since my last blog post. First of all is pyjamas for me.  I made some a while ago using Art Gallery knit, the Linden sweatshirt and Hudson Pants and they are so comfy.

I’d found some organic jersey fabric by Bloome Copenhagen for a bargain price and with 2.5 metres it was the perfect amount.

The Hudson pant is not the simplest pattern to use for pyjamas but I like the fact that it has pockets and ankle cuffs.

I think I spent more time cutting out the pieces for these trousers than the time taken to sew. It’s a reminder that the time taken cutting is worth it to get it right; fabric direction correct and making the most of the fabric quantity.

My go to top is a Linden sweatshirt, I’ve made a number of them now and they go together in a couple of hours from start to finish. The thing that takes the most time is the neckband. The length of the neckband depends on the stretch of the fabric. Now I generally cut a longer piece; sew it on stretching as I go and then join the ends together when I’m happy with the fit.

I’ve been wearing these for a while now (not all the time!) and they are warm and comfy – totally recommended.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Tumblr
  • Twitter

2 thoughts on “new pyjamas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *