Last quarter was a bit of a write off on the sewing front due to pain in my hands, wrists and arms; it’s much better now and small amounts of time sewing seem to be ok. As a result of this I have a stack of carry forwards but also some new projects that I started this quarter.
This baby quilt is a project I started in January, ready for my newest niece/nephew due this month. Cutting, sewing and quilting has been tricky but I had help from the family with the cutting. All I need to do now is hand sew the binding, I’m halfway there. A couple of inches a day is all I can manage and I’ve also enlisted the skills of my middle child.
I have booked this quilt top in with Trudi for a long arm treatment; this is the Touchdraw version of it as I can’t find a photo right now!
This should be back with me during the quarter so the task will be to bind it so that’s it’s finished 3 years after I started it. I’ve written the pattern and had it tested, now I just need to pull it together ready for publication.
This next project has only just been started but is already a top ready to be quilted. I’m just showing a black and white photo of progress earlier this week as it’s a gift and I don’t want to give the game away.
I’m planning to baste this on Saturday at the MQG meeting and get it quilted soon.
Last quarter I had these fabrics ready to make tops for me:
It’s been a year since our new bedroom in the loft was finished; I want to make a runner to go on top of the chest in our room. Fabric is pulled to work with the Orla Kiely fabric that the curtains are made from.
These Parson Gray scraps are stitched together ready to become an A5 book cover:
I started this in April when Lucy came to our SWMQG meeting and taught us the block, I have 2 more completed sections and 2 more to do before I can sew the lot together…
Using Dashwood Studio scraps left from the drunkards path quilt I made for Siblings Together, this EPP project was started last summer, hand sewing has been way too painful to do, I’m hoping to get back to it soon:
I still have plans for a Fen top using this Seasalt voile:
Scrappy drunkards path blocks I now have 145 blocks (quarters that is) and more in progress.
Shirt quilt – I’ve not touched this at all in quarter 1:
here is the pieced back! I’m planning to baste this at the weekend too.
I’ve made no progress on this one: new placemats:
I took part in a swap in 2014 of paper pieced shirts (pattern by Carolyn Friedlander. I used 4 of them in a cushion cover and the rest of them are still waiting to be stitched in to something.
Another paper pieced pattern by Carolyn Friedlander – I think this would make a great mini quilt: