This needs to be an easy post to write as it’s school holidays and while I have more free time it’s not quiet time! This quilt I made for L’s birthday last year, I found the patchwork in a bag in the loft (do you see a recurring theme here?) and added a few pieces to it to make it into a dolly sized quilt. Once upon a time I was going to make a Stamps and Money quilt from Kaffe’s book Patchwork because it looked so fantastic. But I soon realised it would take forever at the speed I was going so what better to do than put what I had done and in a bag and store it for 10 years? The fabrics were all from hand me downs, some really vintage and retro pieces in there.
About a year ago I had a rummage through the bags of fabric in the loft to see what I could find and discovered a bag with a smallish piece of patchwork and a quantity of squares cut ready for sewing. Leah’s birthday was coming up so I decided to make the best of what was there and make it into a quilt for a dolly. So I added to the existing patchwork from some of the squares that were in the bag and made it into what I thought would be a good size quilt for a dolly.
While I have some ambitions to do intricate quilting it doesn’t really happen. I did make an effort with this one, I’ve no idea if it has a name but I quilted a line 1/2 cm inside each side of each square which I think looks good on this and incredibly neat on both the front and back!
I also usually make my own bias binding but didn’t have the time so bought a packet of purple. Leah was delighted with the quilt. I think she is generally delighted with any present, all she normally asks for for her birthday is cake, so presents are a bonus!
Here is Losabog fast asleep under the quilt in her cot, shhhhhhhhh.