So into the last quarter of the year and only 2 finishes again last quarter but we were living in chaos so sewing time and space was limited. Hopefully this quarter will see more time to sew.
First off there are a whole bunch of carry forwards:
1. Pattern tested this paper pieced block by Molli Sparkles. My plan is to turn this into a cushion cover for my brother who likes to play around with decks and has the initials ‘DJ’.
2. I started a quilt in the first quarter with a pile of shirts belonging to my husband, son and myself that I deconstructed a while ago. At the moment the plan is to make something similar to Kaffe Fassett’s stripe-shirt boxes quilt.
3. Last quarter this was just a plan but I’ve started a block using Ellens Snowball pattern by Wombat Quilts. Every time I see this pattern I think it would make an awesome starting point for another medallion quilt…
4. I made a start on this Siblings Together quilt with fabric from Jo; I’e not had a chance to touch it this last quarter. This is a completely random layout of all the blocks I have made: 5. Sailors Top – I have the pattern and the fabric; just, it appears still no motivation: 6. I pattern tested for Quiet Play back in March 2016 and ever since then this has been pinned on the board in my sewing space, so time to turn it in to something: 7. I’ve made no progress on this one: new placemats; I opted to open up some charm packs that have been in my stash for long enough. 8. I have been slowly and steadily hand quilting this low volume quilt that I pieced in May/June. I’ve quilted 15/64 blocks so not quite quarter of the way there yet. It’s a long shot but it’s going on the list!
9. I have a Handy Fold Up Pouch from Aneela Hoey’s booked Stitched Sewing Organisers cut out waiting to be sewn, it really should’t take long!
10. This project was started last week by my son; we sort of have a deal that when he has finished it I will turn it in to a cushion cover: 11. This was also started last week; by me in secret, ideally for his birthday but a child’s hospital admission last weekend put a stop to that (his birthday was yesterday). I’d love to have it done for Christmas.