This is some pattern testing that I did that has been waiting to be turned in to something: the pattern is by Molli Sparkles. My plan was to turn this into a cushion cover for my brother who likes to play around with decks and has the initials ‘DJ’.
I knew that he would be returning from a period of time in Sierra Leone in December and would be visiting before Christmas so yes just the day before I decided it was time to get sewing. The construction of the top was straightforward – I quilted with Aurifil 4060 50 weight from a Tula Pink collection – it’s a variegated thread and worked well with the grey/white background.
The tricky part was sewing down the binding – I’ve been suffering with RSI in both wrists and hands and I had to sew it in small chunks of time – anyway I got it finished 5 minutes before he arrived! It was dark and so photo opportunity was extremely limited so this had to do.
I wish I had allowed more time to do something more fancy but maybe I will learn from this – go and check out Molli’s version which is truly awesome.
I’m hoping this will be a comfy addition to my little brothers home as he and his wife settle back in to life in the UK. You can find the pattern here in Molli Sparkles Pattern Store.
This project was a carry forward from quarter 3 (maybe before but I’m not checking!) so it’s good to have it ticked off my list – I’m off to link-up.