Ok so it’s not winter yet but Sarah at FairyFace Designs has set up Winter Stitching Plans for those of us who like to keep track of what we’re doing. I found it really useful with her Summer Sewing Plans so I’ve been trying to find things to make up a list!
- Spend the $50 gift voucher I won in the 12 Gifts of Christmas Blog hop from Pink Castle Fabrics
- Bethan would like a cushion of her own, a similar design to the one I made for Mathias
- Make a new seat for the children’s baby buggy – it’s fairly wrecked and I’ve lost count of the number of times a day Mathias comes in pushing it saying ‘broke’ wanting me to put it back on.
- I’d love to at least make a start on a quilt for Leah, I’ve nothing in mind, no fabrics specifically for it – it’s a long shot!
- Design and make a drawstring bag for a DS with pockets for games. I have a friend who would like one and nieces who could have one each for Christmas – if I get my act together.
- Tobit has a drawstring bag that he carries around for all his gadget wires, USB stick, headphones etc, he thinks I should make more things for men, he’s right that I could do with more ideas for men, they are more difficult to sew for…(any other suggestions gratefully received).
- Much earlier this year I was asked for a tutorial for the flower brooches that I make, I’ve got as far as taking some photographs of the process so my aim is to complete it with some text. There are probably a few of you clever lot out there who could just make one from the photograph…
- Various friends and family members have had babies this year and I’d like to make each baby a soft book. (Here’s a preview of the other book that is on it’s way to Sue:
- Open an Etsy shop – not really a sewing plan but it is related as I’ll need to stock my shop with sewn goods!
- Make a pile of stock for the 6 Christmas fairs I’ve booked to do!
- Make a least one of the tutorials that I’ve pinned to my Pinterest board
- Take the Tie Front Tote Online Class by Trish that I won on her blog Two Peas in a Pod
- Use the vintage sheets and pillowcases that I’ve been collecting to make a quilt
- Make Christmas decorations for my partner in the Very Berry Scrappy Christmas swap
- Get more use of the Go!Baby that I won earlier this year and haven’t used much, except for a lot of 2.5″ strips and a pile of tumbling blocks for Mathias’ cushion cover.
- Tobit bought me the book Sewing for Boys by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage and I’d love to find time to make something for my boy from it.
I think that will do for now! I’m sure there is a lot of other sewing that will go on but it’s useful to have some plans written down. There is still a day left to link up so be quick.